This year easter for the Nichols family was at our house. Its odd having easter so early this year, in fact we had a snow storm that started Friday and didn't end until Sunday! Luckily everyone came down Friday night.The cousins were so excited to see each other it seemed like it had been a long time. Alex slept in Kate's room and Serenity slept in Emma's room which proved out to be a fatal sleeping mistake. I woke up at 5am to Alex and Katelyn playing.. ugg... I went to see what was going on and they had her light on and were playing with toys! Oh no.. back to bed. Unfortunately that didn't last they were officially up! Well thank goodness they are older and could shut the door and play. I think it was an early morning for everyone regardless.
With all the fresh snow the kids played outside for while in the morning. Emma and Kate have found a fun new sled for the winter.. the dogs swimming pool! it works great to slide down our hill with and take more then one passenger. I think they look like rub-a-dub-dub three men in a tub!
Grandpa Nichols convinced everyone to take advantage of all the snow and warm weather by going skiing. Powder Ridge which is 45 minutes from us was on its last day of the season so tickets reduced too (bonus). Katelyn and Alex tried sking for the second year. I think Katelyn seemed more adventurous last year but she tried it for a while. Check out the pictures! I even helped her get down the hill by pushing her up the hill which was easier then her taking the tow bar. We were all proud of cousin Serenity who braved the chair life with Darin and Emma. By the end of the day they reported that Serenity and Emma had gone down all the slopes (event the black diamonds!).Throughout the weekend us ladies (Tara, Grandma and me) kept the kids occupied with different easter crafts. We discussed earlier that instead of toy or more candy we would do crafts with the kids. So each of us planned a craft. Grandma entertained the kids (and kept the quiet) Saturday morning with a stepping stone project. Grandpa and made some cement round
an square stones earlier in the week. The kids got to glue fun colored rocks onto the stones. Grandma was going to take them back home with her and groute them so they can be outside in the gardens. I had the kids paint a flower pot and then I bought a stuffed flower that they put in the pot and used jelly beans to weight it down and look like rocks. the kids did this Sunday morning and had a lot of fun with it. Tara had the kids decorate a t-shirt with fabic markers and crayons. It was fun to see everyones creativeness.All in all we had a great Easter with the Nichols family!
No comments:
Post a Comment