Tuesday, December 30, 2008

There is a world out there...


Well today we decided to get out of the house. We've been stuck in the basement for the past three days playing with the new christmas toys.. ok mainly the Wii. We needed some fresh air and daylight before our basement sydrom became worse.

So I saw on the news last night about the Montecello Swans that migrate to the Mississippi River . We hadn't been there in a couple of years so we thought we would feed them by picking up some corn. Here is the news article.

Well we hadn't looked out the window all day and didn't realize there was an actual snow storm going on out there. So our commute to Monticello took a little onger then anticipated. Once we found the swans we took some pics and quickly got back in the warm van. Not the picturesque playing in the snow with swans I was invisioning.. but thats how it goes sometimes. I was happy that I was able to put a few more clicks on my new camera tho! :)

Next we went to the Monticello Community Center and the girls swam while Darin and I relaxed on the sidelines. Katelyn who was afraid of the water slide couldn't stay off it this year. She was even trying to swim under water. All this without a floatation device. Once the girls got their fill of swimming we headed home. The girls made some cookies and thought we would have hot chocolate.. but milk was the ultamate choice of beverage.

Then it was back downstairs for the evening to get sucked into the comforts of home!

No comments: