Happy New Year!!We welcomed the New Year in our with our annual get together with our dear friends the Peichel Family. This year we also invited Grandma and Grandpa Nichols to come join in on the festivities. I think Grandma was reluctant in coming but once they saw how fun we are they were glad they joined us. We opted out of the fireworks this year because it had been blow zero degrees outside and we couldn't find the fireworks in the stores (odd). The kids immediately melded into entertaining themselves. And the adults prepared dinner, chatted and just had a good time. After opening gifts the kids settled down for a the movie Kung Fu Panda which was entirely enjoyed by all. The adults played the annual poker game. This year there was an upset on Kim's championship tho.. Grandpa Nichols was the big winner even tho he had a few tricks up his sleeve and liked to tease poor Grandma (shocking I know). After officially welcoming in the new Year we headed off to bed with our critters. Morning came early tho, I think I heard Chip up and talking in Katelyn's room at 4:30 in the morning! But I rolled over dismissing it entirely. ha For breakfast Kim made this fabulous oven bake pancake and bacon. I need to get the recipe from her!

Then it was off to Powder Ridge in Kimball, MN for some downhill skiing. This time Grandma Nichols and myself actually went skiing instead of talking it up about how fun it would be and then residing to the comforts of the chalet. We had a great time! Grandma hurt her knee and quit a tad early. But she kept saying what a fun day and she was glad she was convinced to come to our festivities. Katelyn wanted to stay on the bunny hill all day but Darin convinced her to try the bigger hills and take the chair lift to the top. She was glad she did.. and that she held out for the donut bribe from Darin! Darin got a harness for her and was able to let her ski much more independently without breaking his back.
What a perfect way to bring in the New Year with Family and Friends. I hope the year is a great one!
No comments:
Post a Comment