Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sledding with Friends


The kids had Monday off school because of Martin Luther King day. I am so thankful that I have the flexibility of owning my own buisness so when these no school days come up I'm not scrambling where they will go. We relaxed most of the morning, well I slept in so that is the ultimate relaxation for me! Then our friends the Peichels called to see if we wanted to go sledding at a hill close to them. Sure! Given the past week's fridged temps tho I had to ask what the weather was like outside and to my suprise it was a beautiful day 20 degrees, no wind and sunny. Perfect!

So we threw the sleds in the back of the van and took one look at Bronson's sad eyes and told him he could come too. He loves to play with Hershey's plus maybe he'll get wore out. Once we got to the our friends Joe started up the 4 wheeler and proceeded to haul the kids to the hill. The picture above is where Joe (and I'm sure the kids assisted) creatively strung 3 sleds together for the ride. The hill we go to is just across the dirt road from Kim's farm and once you get on top the view is spectactular panoramic.

Kate went down once and decided that speed is just not for her and she commenced to playing in the snow. Kate is our loud and adventurous child but suprisingly she's does not like speed or fast motion. Emma went down the hill a few times but then complained her hands were cold..well those knit gloves don't do much. Overall we had a great time and glad we got to enjoy the winter activity with friends. Bronson did get wore out.. he and Hershey's were trying to find rodants in the snow.. Hershey's actually found and snacked on two!

No comments: