We had a whirlwind Valentines day at the Hawley house. The girls scrambled out the door in the morning to school. Both had an extra bag with their valentine cards they had been working on all week. Emma's cards were a soduko themed. She likes playing those so she thought her friends would too. She made me crack up when she said she thought the boys in her class would cheat and scratch off the answers before doing the puzzles...hahaha Kate put all her classmates names on her cards and after we sealed them she realized she had not signed them! Oh well.
When the girls got home, they brought back more stuff then they took! I had made some cupcakes for them and to my surprise they didn't want any because they said they were sick of sweets! Wow! Darin called on his way home from work and wanted to know if he should pick something up for supper. I hadn't even thought about it, but Emma had dance that night and Darin had a city planning meeting. So he picked up our favorite meals at Noodles and came home. He was prepared for valentines and brought me roses :) But he started a new thing and brought each of his girls a rose as well (oh boy here we go!). They loved them and have them proudly displayed in their rooms. We all woofed down our supper and went our separate ways. I took Emma to dance and the grocery store and Darin went to his meeting. I reminded him on the way out the door that our favorite show 'LOST was on at 8pm!
Emma made a valentines day card at school for us. It was in the shape of a card and this is what she wrote: 'Dear Mom and Dad, Hearts are pink and sometimes red. Tonight I will go to bed. You both are sweet and you know it too. Don't you! You know I think your sometimes unfair. But I just want you to know I'll always care!!! I love you! Your daughter Emma!! awww
Katelyn brought home a card she made that was decorated with foam style heart candies (like the kind you eat). Except they said more techno phrases like .. email me, BFF, I love U...
So thats how we spent our Valentines day.. not much different then most days just a little more craziness added in and more hugs and kisses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment