
Last week at the girls school we received notification that a childrens book author by the name of Mary Casanova was coming to visit. I honestly hadn't heard of her but thought it was a great opportunity. Emma's 4th grade class met her and she talked with them about a recent 'American Girl' book she did a lot of research for called 'Jess'. Turns out the book is about a girl living in Belize for 5 months. How fun for Emma to know where Belize is and what the country is like while reading the story. Now in library they are reading the book during story time. I ordered a copy of the book for us to have at home thinking it may be a good bedtime story for Kate and a good souvenir of Belize.
Emma was also asked to bring a dvd of the pictures we took in Belize to show her class. What a great Daddy project! Its also a good way to learn some of the cool tools our macs offer like idvd and iphoto. They started on the project tonight which has been interesting to watch and hard for me to stay out of (shocking I know!). At first Emma was really excited about it but quickly got bored of watching dad play on the computer. Altho he is really good about involving and being patient he has a hard time giving up the controls!
The house was quiet tonight because our mischievous one (you know whom I'm talking about) went to bed an hour early because she got in trouble. I was going through her backpack and found out she took her ipod and my underwater camera to school! (eeks!). Sense she has been warned about not doing this many times the ultimate consequence needed to happen and that was going to bed early!
No comments:
Post a Comment