Saturday, April 24, 2010

Vacation Albums: Banff and Rome



I always put together an album of our vacation photos. Well it only took a year to get the Banff one done! I was in a rush because the lab was having a great sale and managed to do a majority of it over a week time span. I even whipped together an Italy album from 2000... only 10 years later! Unfortunately when I went to review the digital pictures we took, I had edited them in a program called Digital Image Pro (an evil Microsoft program of course!) and the program saved them as 72 dpi!! Uggg... I was able to do some manipulation with photoshop and managed an 8x8 album. Not all the pictures were harmed but I'm glad I know better now. These pictures were with our very first digital camera and it was kind of painful to see how bad photographers we were! I'm glad we've improved!

In all my vacation albums I take special pictures of each girl and dedicate a couple of pages to them where I put their name and how old they were. It was fun to put Emma as 2 years old on the Itally album (technically she was 23 months!) I only have 3 vacations albums left to do before I'm caught up (2004 Yellowstone, 2005 Glacier and a small album from our 2009 anniversary trip to the North Shore). Unfortunately, vacation albums are the only albums I get done at this time in our lives. Sports, music, school... life just gets in the way and we are enjoying it too much at this time to slow down. I still take lots of pics tho and at some point in the future I'm sure I'll get around to making formal albums.

No comments: