
On our drive up north for Easter Weekend we noticed the HUGE chunks of ice on the shores of Mill Lacs Lake. Unfortunately it was late and not the best time to take pictures so I swore we would come back the next day. I was really intrigued because as we drove I saw a single 'iceberg' in the lake and thought there must be more of those. The next day I convince some of the family to go back to the lake (only a 20 minute drive). Tara and I had a lot of fun photographing the ice while Grandma and Grandpa Nichols had fun entertaining Katelyn and Alex.

The ice was amazing. The variety of shapes, colors and sizes were so strange. When the waves hit the ice it sounded like breaking glass. I've never heard anything like it. It was so thin you could see through it and the ice crystals were formed from the ice melting. We found the 'iceberg' I saw the night before... it didn't look as big but it was in the same spot. When we drove by Mille Lacs on the way home 3 days later all the ice had melted! Course 60 degree days in early april will do that!
No comments:
Post a Comment