Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Moms Day


Moms day! Yippie. I took the girls to the Como Conservatory for my day. We got a late start as I needed to finish some work stuff for the week. After an great lunch at Red Lobster (grandma's treat!) we made it over to St. Paul. I didn't even think of looking at the hours of operation but they were open shorter during the off season. So arriving at 2pm and closing at 4pm didn't leave much time to see the zoo too! We enjoyed the conservatory tho! I wish I would have brought my second DSLR for Emma to use as she was showing a rare interesting in taking pictures. She wanted to use mine (um no) and conviced Grandma to let her use hers. After more begging from Emma that she must use my camera I allowed her to use it while sitting down! Using this as a teaching lesson tho I told her my camera only shot in manual mode and I would need to teach her how fstops and shutter speed worked. She was a quick learner and took some great shots!

We did see a new part of the conservatory we have never discovered before. The Rainforest as you come in the main doors. We saw all kinds of fish, turtles, birds and even a Two Toed Sloth!

No comments: