
Every year we get flooding down our hill from the Crow River. 'Down the hill' is a flood reservoir for the river so its doing what its suppose to and we enjoy the lake property every year. This year they predicted high levels because the snow melted quickly and we got a lot of it. I can vouch for the amount of snow as I had the snow blower out way too many times this winter! The news declared the Crow River as the 'River That Could' because it keeps rising more then expected.
On Thursday morning after I took the girls to school I ran in the house and grabbed my camera. I had full intentions of not seeing anyone so I stayed in my PJ's. I ended up driving all the way to Delano and taking pictures of the high water across their downtown bridge. For the most part I avoiding seeing anyone in my pj's. Altho when I stopped at the canoe launch between Rockford and Delano a guy stopped to take his morning run and was shocked that the path was under water. Over the last couple of days the water has risen even more possibly 2-3 feet more. Its the highest I've seen it in the 7 years we've lived here altho our neighbors say its not as high as 2001.
It seems rising rivers follow us. Darin and I lived in the Fargo area during the infamous 1997 flood. We both helped sandbag houses along the river. I remember driving to the cities when I heard Grand Forks was in flames as a result of the flooding. Last year we took a trip to Banff, Canada and had to carefully plan out our trip around the raging Red River again as it crested record highs the day we were expected to leave. Now we live on the river and experience its spring flare ups every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment