Friday, April 25, 2008

Hawley Cafe

The girls came up with a creative idea to play restaurant tonight. Literally. So Emma made up some menu's that consisted of items we had in the fridge and that she felt qualified to make. Katelyn played waitress. Both had kitchen towels wrapped around their waists to look like aprons. Katelyn had her post it note pad to take our orders but usually had to ask how to spell what we ordered. Darin had PBJ and pineapple and I had tomato soup and pineapple. They did a great job preparing the meals. I did have to let Emma know much later that you have to add milk to the condensed can of tomato soup tho! After running out of milk from the kid sized cup , I reminded Katelyn that a good waitress would come back and check up on their customer to make sure everything was all right and if they needed anything else. She brought me another 2 ounce cup of milk and said (with her hands on her hips) "if I wanted more I'd have to get it myself because the milk was all gone and she couldn't handle a new full container!" What service! haha They even had a desert menu! #1 pick was ice cream. Katelyn came to take my order for desert shortly after delivering my food. I asked her why so soon and yet again with the hands on the hips she proclaims "so we can get it ready for when your done!". After our 2 course meals they even cleaned up the kitchen and got a couple of tips from their customers. I'm not sure if they made themselves dinner tho..I saw them sit down with ice cream at the end and thought to myself what the heck they deserve it!

Its moments like these that I love having a blog to write down these occasions. In 5 years I probably wouldn't remember this special night but now I will!

1 comment:

Grandma Nichols said...

What a great idea! I wish blogs had been around when you kids were at home. Mom