
We arrived in Banff around 10am today. Much earlier then we predicted because we left Friday night instead of Saturday morning. We weren't sure what to do with ourselves. So we found the resort, drove around banff, found one of the ski resorts and ended up at the famous Fairmont hotel on Lake Louise for lunch. Course then looking across the lake we saw a frozen waterfall. Doesn't look that far! uhhhoh.. seems like we've made this mistake before. The walk was s bit long and slippery across the lake but it was beautiful and the 30 degrees outside made it very enjoyable. Course once we arrived we figured out the horse drawn sleigh ride that mom wanted to go on would drive us right there... uggg. We got some great pictures. I ventured off to a smaller frozen waterfall while Darin played with the kids on the bigger one. On my walk back I hear these yahoo shouts for joy. Which was Darin and the girls sliding down the waterfall on their butts.. can't do that in MN. I did capture some pics of that. Exhausted from the walk we drove to the resort to check in. I took the girls to the indoor playground maze and the water park while Darin went the grociery store to pickup some things for easier breakfasts and dinners. It was great first day. Tomorrow we will ski.. not sure which mountain we will be going to tho but we'll figure that out in the morning. I have posted some pics so check them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment