Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. This was our very first Christmas Day at home! What a treat. The girls were so excited for Christmas. They even let me sleep in until 8:45.. wow!! Darin woke me up with a kiss and I got his christmas present immediatly.. he shaved his Go-T (mistake as I like to call it!!). Wow.. its so smooth. I think he has had it for over 10 years. Emma said she couldn't help but stare at him all day. Check out the picture of him! The girls opened their presents with glee. It was so fun to see their excitment.

We spent the rest of the day together. We watched The Christmas Story together inbetween cat naps! Emma and Darin spent most the afternoon putting together her doll house. Altho they didn't get it all finished.. its pretty close. They will work on it throughout the week. Emma is so excited to paint the house.. she's already planning out what color the outside should be. Her and I looked at some examples online for her to get some ideas. I was worried she wouldn't like the dollhouse idea but she just loves it.. Its a great project for her and Darin ... even tho Darin seems to have to do most of the putting together at this point. Emma is so funny (and a lot like me) she has to know whats coming next and what the timeline of everything is.. she obsesses on every detail and can't stop thinking about it.

Around dinner time we all got dressed and went to the movie 'Water Horse' in St. Micheal. We had dinner at the restaurant in the theatre (sense nothing else was open). The movie was good (tho a little scary for kate). Katelyn has such a hard time sitting still for things.. in the movie she was up and down so many times.. finally I got her popcorn so she would sit down and eat it! It lasted for a little while!

Well, we had a wonderful Christmas and I was sad to see it come to an end. I feel so blessed and thank God everyday!

No comments: