Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Introducing Nora!

Link
We promise Emma that she could get a kitten for her birthday. She's been complaining for several months that she doesn't have her own pet. Which really I guess she doesn't. Its well known that Christmas is my cat.. she follows me everywhere and runs when Emma comes around because Emma chases her. And Bronson, well he just loves Darin so much and he puts up with Emma. We also felt a void with our loss of Leo... She even put together a complete campaign over spring break at Grandma Nichols house. She informed us why she should have a pet and the different choices of pets she would like. (kitten, guinea pig or rat). It was very thorough with postitives and negatives, even pictures of the animals she printed from the internet and charts!

So yesterday my friend Kim and stopped in at the humane center in Buffalo but to our suprise they had very few pets. They had 2 dogs and 3 cats! It did our hearts good to see that tho.. they said they had a huge weekend of pet adoptions. When I told Emma this she wanted to look on the internet for kitties and one thing led to another and we were on our way to Brooklyn Center to an adoption center! Once there we found they had a room full of kittens. There were 4 litters and 12-15 kittens. What a hard decision! Emma fell in love with 3 of them! But Nora finally sealed the deal when she licked Emma's hand and face! So with a quick stop at the pet store we headed home. Nora spent the night in Emma's room as we wanted to make sure she was somewhat confined. I don't think Emma got much sleep tho.. she said Nora was very playful and layed on her neck a lot.

Bronson sniffed her once but we've pretty much kept him away from her. Christmas spent some time with her but was very stand offish but curious what this playful thing was. Katelyn has been extremely patient but was anxious for Emma to go to school this morning so she could have Nora all to herself!


We can't wait for everyone to meet her!

2 comments:

Grandma Nichols said...

Nora looks friendly and sweet. I can't wait to meet her this weekend. I use to have Aunt Nora on my Dad's side. She was a grand lady. Mom

1 Craaazy Mamma! said...

She's so cute! I love the dark tail. I hope Nora is a good kitty Emma... keep your mom away from her! ;)